This season, ticket holders at Wrigley Field can feast on the Cubs’ new spins on classic Chicago items. As Chicago’s National League team hosts its home opener on April 9, Levy — yes, the same company that runs the food service for the premium seating areas for the White Sox — has unveiled 11 new items. Among the items, there are street tacos, a smoked bone-in short rib, and a roasted cauliflower sandwich.
Levy runs concessions throughout Wrigley, not just the premium areas. So these new items will be available to the average fan, not just those in the skyboxes. A spokesperson said they’ll reveal the exact locations soon.
Like their South Side rivals, the Cubs are also spinning a well-known sandwich. The White Sox are serving a breaded steak sandwich reminiscent of Ricobene’s. The Cubs are going after a national chain. Who needs to wait for Chick-Fil-A to ever arrive in Wrigleyville? The Cubs are serving a Chick-Ago Sandwich (pickle-brined breaded chicken thighs, tempura sport peppers, tomatoes, dill aioli on an onion roll with celery salt). Though there are similarities, this one seems to more mimic a Chicago-style hot dog.
The aforementioned bone-in short rib is smoked at the stadium for 12 hours. A news release claims a limited supply, so fans should be speedier than Cubs catcher Wilson Contreras during a mound visit if they want one. Check out Wrigley’s other rookies below. Eater Chicago’s updated guide to Wrigley Field’s food and drink should hit later this week.
Polk Street Breaded Pork Shoulder: House-smoked and breaded pork shoulder topped with house-made pickles and creamy Dijon served on a toasted telera roll.
- Cheesy Beef Sandwich: Shaved beef mixed with creamy white cheddar cheese and topped with grilled shishito peppers, served on a toasted New England bun.
- Chicken Tinga Tacos: Spicy shredded chicken topped with tangy Wrigley slaw, cilantro and crumbled queso fresco.
- Beef Barbacoa Tacos: Tender braised beef topped with watermelon salsa, cilantro and crumbled queso fresco.
- Aged Cheddar Burger: Seasoned beef patty topped with aged cheddar, house-made tomato aioli, arugula and house-made pickles.
- Loaded Footlong Hot Dog: A footlong Vienna Beef dog topped with house-made dill aioli, diced sport peppers and crushed kettle chips debuts alongside the classic chili and cheese topped offering.
- Loaded Fries: Garlic and parmesan or Buffalo- and blue cheese-topped fries.
- Roasted Cauliflower Sandwich: Roasted cauliflower topped with roasted red pepper pesto, garlicky garbanzo bean spread, and baby spinach.
- Aloha Chicken Sandwich: Grilled chicken breast topped with sweet chili glaze, Asian slaw and sautéed pineapple on toasted Hawaiian bread.