— Blackbird and Avec’s longtime bookkeeper allegedly embezzled more than $600,000 from the iconic One Off Hospitality restaurants over a period of more than six years, according to a lawsuit filed by One Off partners and reported by Crain’s. There’s no word of what effect the money loss had on the restaurants, which are still going strong on Randolph Street in the West Loop.
— Representatives for Miller’s Pub provided more information on the temporary closing and renovation of the historic Loop restaurant and bar. 83-year-old Miller’s will get a bar expansion, an upgraded entryway, a new sound system, flooring and kitchen equipment, all while keeping the same decor, booths, menu and staff. The reopening of the family-owned relic is slated for early March.
— The opening of Bar Biscay, the highly-anticipated Spanish brasserie from the owners of mfk and Joe Campagna, will be slightly delayed due to a “pre-opening chef shuffle,” a rep says. The West Town/Noble Square spot (1450 W. Chicago Avenue) was slated to open this month and previously announced Schwa alum Wilson Bauer as its executive chef; the rep says they’ll announce its new chef and opening date soon.
— Baconfest announced the lineup and started ticket sales for this year’s event — amazingly its tenth — taking place at UIC Forum on April 6 and 7.