Long lines are familiar nighttime sites at Lost Lake, Paul McGee's tiki wonderland in Logan Square. But the midday could get busier, courtesy of Thank You, the attached kitchen which provides food for the bar. Thank You is launching lunch service on Monday, offering take out and delivery, plus limited seating inside.
Thank You began as an ode to Chinese-American cuisine, but a chef change over the summer promoted Justin Tootla and Jennifer Jackson, and the new chefs altered the offerings. The lunch menu pays homage to hawker centers, spots in Southeast Asia where a variety of stations sell cheap lunches. The menu includes street sandwiches, Sichuan Dan Dan noodles and rice bowls. The full menu follows below, and Thank You will offer lunch 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Unfortunately, Lost Lake will not be serving those tiki drinks during lunch.
Street sandwiches (with prawn chips)
- Chopped beef brisket with Sichuan cabbage and pickles.
- Bodega pork belly with egg, cheese and peppers.
- Simmered eggplant with sesame, garlic and chilis.
Dan Dan noodles
- Sizzling summer vegetables with peanuts and lime.
- Minced beef with cabbage, radish and sweet bean paste.
- Twice-cooked pork with Chinese mustard greens, cucumbers and vinegar.
- Mapo tofu with charred scallions, water chestnuts and Wood Ear mushrooms.
- Rotating daily salad
- Thank You egg rolls
- Pork and shrimp
- Fermented and fresh vegetables