A Chicago man is blaming a "defective" Chicken McNugget for his stint in an emergency room and is suing the Downtown Chicago McDonald's that sold him the food. The lawsuit claims the McNugget contained at least one sharp bone shard, according to the Tribune.
The incident took place in May 2013, and the restaurant in question is the McDonald's at 10 E. Chicago Ave. The alleged victim, Zebadiah Anderson, is only described as a Cook County resident. Anderson was rushed to the hospital via ambulance for a "severe injury" after swallowing the shard, according to the suit. The bone shard from the McNugget could have cut his tongue, mouth or damaged his digestive track, intestines or stomach, the lawsuit claimed, adding that McDonald's staff failed to properly inspect the food for safety concerns. The story didn't specify what type of damages Anderson was seeking.
Tyson is the chicken supplier and is also named as a defendant. McDonald's provided this comment, attributed to the restaurant's owner/operator, Nick Karakites:
"While I have not seen a lawsuit, I take the safety of food served in my restaurants very seriously and will investigate this claim."