1) LINCOLN PARK—Grasswood, the gourmet tea shop connected to Strings Ramen Shop 2, soft opened last weekend and fully opens today. Status: Certified open. 1629 N. Halsted St.
2) UPTOWN—In the wake of Hot Doug's closure, another new creative hot dog joint has opened to fill the void. Hot "G" Dog uses alligator, snake, foie gras, and more in its dogs and serves duck fat fries; look around the space here. Status: Certified open. 5009 N. Clark St.
3) SKOKIE—The first of 15 planned Pie Five Pizza locations in the Chicagoland area is now open in Skokie. A Schaumburg location of the fast-fired pizza chain is opening on April 10 and a Naperville spot will open on April 17. Status: Certified open. 3306 Touhy Avenue.
4) DEPAUL—Chicago's second Bee & Tea, the bubble tea and bao mini-chain from the people behind Forever Yogurt, is now open. Two California, one Madison, and a Naperville location are also in the works. Status: Certified open. 818 W. Fullerton Ave.
5) CHINATOWN—Chinatown has a neon-lit new home of karaoke, cocktails, and wine with No.18 Karaoke. Status: Certified open. 2201 S. Wentworth, 2nd Floor.
6) EDGEWATER—Blowfish Contemporary Sushi, a Japanese, sushi, and Asian fusion spot, is now open on Bryn Mawr. Read the menu here. Status: Certified open. 1131 W. Bryn Mawr Ave.