Alton Brown will serve as host of the 2015 James Beard Foundation Awards, which are taking place here in Chicago for the first time on May 4. Brown, known for his Food Network show "Good Eats," previously was master of ceremonies of the event in 2012.
The list of chefs that will cook at the reception after the awards has been announced as well and includes heavy hitters from coast to coast:
· Justin Aprahamian, Sanford Restaurant, Milwaukee
· Jimmy Bannos Jr., The Purple Pig, Chicago
· Jamie Bissonnette, Toro, Boston & New York City
· Dave Beran, NEXT, Chicago
· David Chang, Momofuku, New York City
· Ashley Christensen, Poole's Diner, Raleigh, NC
· Colby Garrelts, Bluestem, Kansas City
· Brooks Headley, Del Posto, New York City
· Jennifer Jasinski, Rioja, Denver
· Melissa Kelly, Primo Restaurants Ltd, Rockland, ME
· Tory McPhail, Commander's Palace, New Orleans
· Daniel Patterson, Coi, San Francisco
· Ryan Prewitt, Pêche Seafood Grill, New Orleans
· Chris Shepherd, Underbelly, Houston
· Nancy Silverton, Mozza Restaurant Group, Los Angeles
· Vikram Sunderam, Rasika, Washington, D.C.
· Takashi Yagihashi, Slurping Turtle, Chicago
Additionally, Carla Hall (former Top Chef contestant, current co-host of ABC's The Chew) will host the Beard Foundation's Book, Broadcast & Journalism Awards Dinner on April 24, which is being held in New York City.
UPDATE: Danny Bowien will not be at the awards after-party.