1) THE LOOP—Atwood has reopened after closing at the end of December for renovations. The restaurant, which brought on executive chef Brian Millman not long before the changes began, has added more seating and refreshed décor. Status: Certified open. 1 W. Washington St.
2) WEST ROGERS PARK—The Angry Crab, a cajun/creole spot where customers order seafood (shrimp, crab, crawfish, clams) by weight and pair their chosen protein with various sauces and spices, is officially open. Status: Certified Open. 5665 N. Lincoln Ave.
3) SOUTH LOOP—Spoke & Bird soft opened Tuesday in the former Cafe Society space with a liquor license in hand, serving breakfast and lunch. The café seats 26 people inside, while a forthcoming outdoor patio will seat 110. Status: Certified Open. 205 E. 18th St.
4) EVANSTON—The fifth Blaze Fast Fire'd Pizza opens today near Northwestern University. Guests that follow the chain on social media will get an offer for a free build-your-own pizza on Friday from 11:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. Status: Opening today. 1737 Sherman Ave.
5) BEVERLY—Original Rainbow Cone will re-open for the season tomorrow, March 6, at noon. The first 50 people will get a free t-shirt for their grand opening on Saturday. Status: Opening tomorrow. 9233 S Western Ave.
6) NEAR NORTH SIDE—The Chicago expansion of American WildBurger (the first is in Des Plaines) officially opened on February 27. They feature burgers in beef, chicken and turkey form, with one selection combining all three proteins into one dubbed the "WildBurger." Status: Certified open. 1234 N Halsted St.