1) LINCOLN PARK— Snow Dragon Shavery is serving up shaved snow, frozen yogurt, coconut milk and offering a grand opening discount in the former Berrymoon space. Their specialty is shaved snow, a speciality in Taiwan known for its thin, smooth texture. Status: Certified Open, 2618 N. Clark St.
2) SOUTH SIDE— Peach's Restaurant opened March 1 and is dishing out breakfast and lunch on the South Side from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. Status: Certified Open, 4652 S. King Dr.
3) EVANSTON— The Amazing Kale Burger Lunch Counter is open for lunch in Evanston, and they'll host a grand opening party on Saturday. They're serving kale burgers with six topping combinations from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday through Friday. Starting March 21 they'll serve vegan brunch from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Status: Soft Open, 741 Howard St. in Evanston.
4) ALBANY PARK— Salsa and Chips is planning a St. Patrick's Day grand opening on Tuesday. It's a family-style, Mexican-American restaurant. Status: Opening on Tuesday, 3358 W. Montrose Ave.
5) LAKEVIEW— The "third-generation bakers" at DonChef Bakery are ready to serve customers with pastries and other baked goods. There's also as a weekend brunch. Status: Certified open, 1408 W. Diversey Ave.
6) FRANKLIN PARK— Paula's Cafe is serving up lunch and dinner in the near Northwest Suburbs. The new joint is run by the former chef at Danny's Deli in Melrose Park. Status: Certified open, 9400 W. Grand Ave.