1) LINCOLN PARK—Nearly a decade since the last incarnation was open in River North, Dion Antic's Harry's Velvet Room, a lounge and bistro geared for an older and sophisticated clientele, is reborn tonight in the former Webster's Wine Bar space. Check out the food menu below. Status: Opening tonight. 1480 W. Webster Ave.
2) TRI-TAYLOR—La Adelita is latest food truck to go brick-and-mortar, reportedly opening Jarabe, a counter-service taco and torta spot, on Sunday. Look for breakfast and lunch in the small 20-seat space. Status: Opening Sunday. 2255 W. Taylor St.
3) RIVER NORTH—The folks behind John Barleycorn and Moe's Cantina are getting into the nightclub game, opening a bottle-service spot, Tunnel, above the River North location that's accessible via a "hidden staircase." Status: Opening tonight. 151 W. Kinzie St.
4) LINCOLN SQUARE—Another sushi place, Sushi Tokoro, is open in Lincoln Square. Standard rolls, sashimi, and hibachi are on the menu. Status: Certified open. 4750 N. Western Ave.
5) OLD TOWN—There's a new late-night hot dog stand, Dog House Grill, serving up classic Chicago dogs, Polishes, pizza puffs, and more on Wells until 4:30 a.m. Status: Certified open. 1534 N. Wells St.