1) LAKEVIEW—After vacating the space more than two years ago, longtime Italian restaurant group Pompei is re-opened today at 2955 N. Sheffield in the former home of short-lived City Dough. The menu includes pizza, pasta, sandwiches, baked goods, and may utilize the walkup window. Status: Certified open. 2955 N. Sheffield Ave.
2) LOGAN SQUARE—The rapidly-expanding banh mi mini-chain Banh Mi BaGet is now open at 2735 N. Milwaukee in Logan Square. Look for Vietnamese sandwiches, salads, soups, spring rolls and more. Five other locations are open in other parts of the city. Status: Certified open. 2735 N. Milwaukee Ave.
3) THE LOOP—Red Robin Burger Works, another rapidly-expanding restaurant, opened its fourth Chicago restaurant today at 204 N. Wells. It serves gourmet versions of the fast-food chain's burgers. Status: Certified open. 204 N. Wells St.
4) CHINATOWN—Tang's Restaurant, a new Chinese spot at 1826 S. Canal, quietly opened last month. There's a large menu at dinner, dim sum, Peking duck, and more. Status: Certified open. 1826 S. Canal St.
5) IRVING PARK—A new American restaurant, HQ Howard Quintero, is slated to open tomorrow at 4114 N. Kedzie but little is known about it at press time. The space used to house the Filipino spot Dolce. Status: Opening tomorrow. 4114 N. Kedzie.