It's May, which means it's time to start eating and drinking outdoors. When the temperature rises, the street food scene rises too, and there are more than a few new food trucks to sample this season. Unfortunately, Fred Noinaj's Hey-Ha truck will not be one of them—he's taking his show down to Austin after his "plans have fallen through."
Here are six new trucks to stalk on Twitter. Find the food truck nearest you by visiting the Chicago Food Truck Finder.
1) Pierogi Wagon A year after their Kickstarter campaign funded, the truck is finally serving Polish dumplings on the streets. They're found frequently at 600 West Chicago Ave and at the University of Chicago for lunch.
2) Jack's Fork in the Road Securing their license on May 2, Jack's Fork in the Road will be serving gourmet sandwiches made by chef Jack Jones as soon as this weekend. The roast pork loin with apple slaw, fig jam, and crispy Prosciutto sounds particularly interesting.
3) La Boulangerie At the end of April, La Boulangerie—the French bakery in Lakeview (and shuttered in Logan Square) run by chef Vincent Colombet—took its show on the road with a mobile truck serving "crognets" (a cross between a croissant and a beignet), baguettes, and sandwiches.
4) Model Chef Healthy comfort foods are now available on the streets of Chicago as of May 1. Making its debut in Wicker Park, the truck serves lettuce wraps, chicken crepes, and more.
5) DonerMen Truck This German street food truck has yet to hit the streets, but will be serving currywurst, döner kebabs and Club-Mate, a hard-to-find drink in the states.
6) Yum Dum Truck Seen recently at The Garage and The Nosh, the forthcoming food truck iteration of Yum Dum will dish up many variations of dumplings, hopefully accompanied by their "Kimcheesy Rice Balls" and "Baowiches."
· All Meals on Wheels Coverage [-ECHI-]