clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

G & O, Bullhead Cantina, and More Openings

New, 1 comment

WEST TOWN—G & O, the cocktail bar from the team behind The Aberdeen Tap, opened for business last night. They've renovated a former gas station to seat 60, plus 30-40 more on an outdoor patio through garage doors once the weather breaks. The menu features house liquor infusions, small-batch draft beer, and gastropub fare from chef Ihsan Akbar. Read the previous report here. [EaterWire]

ROGERS PARK—Francisco "Paco" Ruiz is opening his second Bullhead Cantina tonight at 1406 W. Morse. A $25 pairing launch special kicks off the whiskey and taco bar's service at 6 p.m. Ruiz also opened Hunter and Tails in Humboldt Park last October. [EaterWire]

UKRAINIAN VILLAGE—A Chicago Avenue greasy spoon has rebranded as a different greasy spoon. Koko's Mediterranean Grill, formerly Chicago Carry Outs, is now open at 1760 W Chicago Ave. It now serves Mexican, Mediterranean, and American grub. [DNAinfo]

DES PLAINES—Another location of Tap House Grill, the suburban bar and grill mini-chain, is now open at 1472 Market St. in Des Plaines. There's eight other outposts in the burbs. [EaterWire]
G & O [Photo: Facebook]

G & O

459 N. Ogden Avenue, Chicago, IL

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater Chicago newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world