When the weather outside can cause frostbite in a matter of minutes, you might need some enticing in order to venture into the "polar vortex." A few restaurants and bars in town have put together some deals to make going outside worthwhile. If you're going to subject yourself to dangerously cold temperatures, you may as well eat or drink on the cheap.
· Billy Sunday: Free turtle noodle soup with poached egg (while supplies last)
· Cafe Ba Ba Reeba: Free valet parking, half price paella, half price cocktails.
· The Dawson: Complimentary "Sleepless in Logan Square" cocktail or spiced rum cider.
· Dusek's/Punch House: Half price hot drinks.
· La Madia: Today and tomorrow, any pizza costs the actual temperature. If it's below zero, the pizza is free. (minimum $10 purchase, one per table)
· Lillie's Q: BCS National Championship game, passed appetizers, served food, and two cocktails for $40.
· Nick's Fishmarket: Free light bites.
· Quartino: Quartino's eighth anniversary specials ($8 pizza, pasta, risotto, and select bottles of wine), originally scheduled for tonight, have been extended through Wednesday.
· Sportsman's Club: $1 Hot Toddies
· Table, Donkey & Stick: TDS' has their weekly Monday specials of $5 burgers, $0.50 PBRs, $5 hot wine punch (along with some other items).