Tickets are still available for the 2013 Hamburger Hop on September 27, the pre-party for Chicago Gourmet, which is paired with the first Late Night Gourmet. This year's event sees the return of some participants from years past—including emcees Adam Rapoport and Andrew Knowlton of Bon Appetit—as well as some new faces.
Familiar faces at this year's burger cookoff and party include 2012 People's Choice Winner Matt Troost of Three Aces and 2012 Judge's Winner Yoshi Katsumura of Yoshi Cafe (now a judge). Two esteemed local chefs, Graham Elliot (also a judge) and Ryan Poli, will perform DJ sets at Late Night Gourmet. Food Network host Jeff Mauro is among the new participants.
Tickets are sure to sell out soon, but for the second year in a row an Allen Brothers steaks contest will dole out two free tickets and 36 burgers. Visit the Facebook page to enter.
The Chef Lineup:
· Scott Walton, Howells & Hood
· Matt Troost, Three Aces (People's Choice Winner, Hamburger Hop 2012)
· Joseph Rosetti, Harry Caray's Restaurant Group
· Jim August, Cortland's Garage
· Radames Lugo, Stanley's Kitchen & Tap
· Joe Farina, Rosebud Restaurants
· Peter Coenen, The Gage
· Ryan Pitts, RL
· Bernie Laskowski, Park Grill
· Carlo Lamagna, Benny's Chop House
· Christian Fantoni, Phil Stefani's 437 Rush
· Rick Gresh, David Burke's Primehouse
· Jeff Mauro, Host of the Food Network's "Sandwich King" and "$24 in 24"
· John Hogan, Keefer's
· Genaro Villa, Hackney's Restaurant
· All Hamburger Hop Coverage [-ECHI-]
· Chicago Gourmet [Official Site]