On the heels of their successful collaboration dinner with Arami, the team behind Trenchermen is at it again. Pat Sheerin and Paul Virant will pair up with St. Louis chefs Gerard Craft (Niche) and Kevin Nashan (Sidney Street Cafe) for a five-course beer dinner on August 27 with Perennial Artisan ales out of St. Louis. Each guest chef will prepare a dish, and Trenchermen will create two.
The dinner starts at 6:30 p.m. and will cost $100 per person. Reservations can be made by calling Trenchermen. A bar menu, running throughout the course of the evening, will be with the Perennial Artisan ales. For a sneak peek at the sit-down menu, see below:
· Kevin Nashan: BBQ curry cornish hen paired with peach Berliner Weisse (Berliner Weisse brewed with local peaches).
· Gerard Craft: Pulled pork shoulder, caramelized peaches, corn puree, globe basil, cracklins, smoked trout broth paired with Woodside Honey Tripel (Tripel brewed with MO Woodside Honey).
· Paul Virant: "Little bloom on the prairie" en croute; Pumpkin butter, toasted beer bread, arugula, candied spiced pine nuts paired with Trenchermen Marzenbier (with persimmons).
· Pat Sheerin: Snail agnolotti, cedar dashi, three sisters pecans and Belgian waffle, quark. His beer pairings will be announced at a later date.
· All Trenchermen Coverage [-ECHI-]
· All Paul Virant Coverage [-ECHI-]
· Trenchermen [Official Site]