- The Whiskey Library with deco lights, leather walls and, well, whiskey
- Mmm ... look at all that brown liquor
- Any idea of what awaits you, below ground, beyond these doors?
- Blood-red tufted booths add to the allure and sex appeal
- You own personal backstage seat
- Notice that little cutout in the wall? That's a pass-thru to the private room beyond the wall
- Private cabanas create a bit of intimacy in this grand space
- Is this mic on?
- The performance space will host DJs, live bands, burlesque shows and more
- Vintage and antique materials, like these chairs, are used throughout Untitled
- Would you like your own locker to store your booze?
- This is just one of the numerous spots to dine in Untitled
[Photo: Jason Little]
Untitled, the new 18,000 square-foot subterranean restaurant, lounge and speakeasy from Marc Bushala, along with COO Art Mendoza and GM Felipe Ospina, officially opened its doors over the weekend following a build out that took the better part of this year. The space, divided up into a few distinct rooms, features 18-foot ceilings; a whiskey library with leather walls and private lockers to keep your brown booze stash; private cabanas, a massive live entertainment space, VIP rooms, VVIP rooms and other cool surprises.
Untitled has a lot going on that it may seem like a few different concepts in one space. In one room, you have the private cabanas and a private dining room that has a peek-a-boo window with direct access to the bartender. Another room, the aforementioned whiskey library, has blood-red tufted banquettes with leather walls and a section of private lockers where members can stash their unfinished bottles of whatever (they have a huge selection of whiskey, like 300-plus varieties from around the world).
Another small dining room sits just in front of the grand staircase leading down into the space. And while it may seem like Untitled may end there, a huge industrial door, fashioned to look like the outer wall, actually rolls out and disappears into a pocket, revealing a massive live entertainment space where nightly performances—bands, DJs, burlesque dancers, comedians and more—will take the stage.
Throughout it all, chef Joseph Heppe (Mercat a la Planxa) and beverage manager Adam Scholten (Balena) and bar manager Matthew “Choo” Lipsky (Morso) will offer seasonal, local fare like crispy squash blossoms; roasted squab; black olive-sour cherry focaccia; and pan-seared Gulf shrimp, and a great mix of beer, spirits and wine from around the globe, and you can see the offerings on the menu below—at least the glass pours.
Now that Untitled is open, let's see what goes on there. Eater hears there are still some things that haven't yet been installed, and with a space this large, that's not a surprise. You just can't have it all in one shot, now can you?