It's been about a year and a half since Laurent Gras, the former three Michelin-starred executive chef at L20, left Chicago to return to New York where he has said he will open a new restaurant. Whatever he is planning there, one thing on his schedule is a pop-up dinner that will bring him back to Chicago in July.
Gras will partner up with his former protege, Thai Dang, the executive chef of the forthcoming Asian-inspired West Loop spot, Embeya. The pair, who worked together at L20, will team up for a pop-up dinner to preview Embeya's menu taking place at a secret location on July 11. And the only way to get tickets to the event, which will start with passed apps and cocktails prepared by Danielle Pizzutillo and lead into a five-course family-style dinner with sake and wine pairings, is to win them.
There are only five pairs of tickets available for this special dinner and if you want in, you have a few ways to possibly win a set:
· Register with your email on the Embeya website
· Like Embeya’s Facebook page then like and comment on the post regarding this contest
· Follow Embeya on Twitter then tag Embeya in an original tweet (cannot be a retweet) using the phrase: "Hey @embeyachicago I want to win two tickets to the chef Laurent Gras and chef Thai Dang Embeya dinner!"
And yes, you can increase your chances of winning by doing all three things. Good luck!
· Laurent Gras Talks L20, Michelin and Future NYC Plans [~EChi~]
· Embeya, a New Asian Concept, Headed for Randolph Street [~EChi~]
[Photo: Thai Dang and Laurent Gras]