Have you ever wondered how much work goes into having a successful pizza joint? During Pizza Week, we are talking with some of the busier pizzerias in Chicago to find out how much food they go through in a single week or month.
With four locations throughout Chicago's North Side, Chicago's Pizza does a pretty hefty business. Its cooks are generally always busy creating pies for folks dining in and ordering out for delivery (want to get a free pie?), and as you can imagine, the restaurant goes through a number of ingredients in any given week. Just how much? Let's find out.
In an average week, Chicago's Pizza in Ravenswood goes through:
· Pounds of pizza dough: 2400
· Pounds of gluten free pizza dough: 150
· Pounds of mozzarella cheese:1600
· Pounds of fresh tomatoes: 400
· Pounds of fresh Italian sausage (they don't use precooked crumbles): 280
· Pounds of pepperoni: 320
· Pounds of mushrooms: 150
· Pounds of onions: 200
· Pounds of chicken wings: 280
· Cans of whole roma tomatoes: 90
· All Pizza Week Coverage on Eater Chicago [~EChi~]