The fire that broke out this morning at Stout Barrel House & Galley has been contained and apparently caused minimal damage, according to exec chef Chris Curren. The restaurant will close for a few days to clean up smoke damage to the dining room, as well as patch holes in the walls the fire department opened up to ensure the fire hadn't spread. Stout will re-open upon city inspections, likely later this week.
The fire started mid-morning when one of the ice machines in the basement shorted, sparked and caught on fire. Curren said his morning prep team was working in an adjacent room when the lights went out. The cooks opened the door between the rooms and saw it was filled with black smoke. They quickly exited the building and called 911. While smoke reached the first and second floors, the fire damage was contained to the ice machine. "The biggest thing is that everyone is safe and OK and that's what we're happy about," Curren said.
· Fire at Stout Barrel House This Morning; CFD on Scene [~EChi~]
[Photo: Richard Roeper/Instagram]