Following her short-lived stint as exec pastry chef at the Black Sheep, Sarah Jordan has found a new home in the kitchens at Boka and GT Fish & Oyster. Jordan, who also worked alongside Patrick Fahy at Blackbird, will join Boka executive chef Giuseppe Tentori at his two restaurants.
Jordan's desserts were lauded during her brief time at the Black Sheep, so it's no surprise the Boka group snatched her up. She started working with Tentori two weeks ago, but just officially introduced her new seasonal menu this past weekend (so far, she said, "my sweet corn and blueberries dessert is going over very well"). She has completely overhauled the Boka dessert menu and is working on the menu at GT Fish; she will likely introduce the new desserts there next week, according to Tentori.
"The simplicity and flavor of her desserts are very unique," Tentori said. "She's a great fit for Boka, because she represents Boka in her desserts: complicated and simple at the same time and they have that wow factor when you eat them."
Here's what you can find on Jordan's new menu at Boka:
· Yogurt panna cotta, verjus gelee, grapes and acacia honey
· Smoked brioche, sweet corn ice cream, Michigan blueberries and lime curd
· Pavlova, Michigan raspberries, creme fraiche, consomme
· Apple brown butter cake, Madame Rose caramel, farro ice cream
· Chocolate ganache, flourless cake, dulce de leche, horchata sorbet
· Homemade ice cream and sorbet