For their final rock 'n' roll dinner of the summer (and possibly their last ever), Blue 13 is gearing up to throw down a rocking feast at the restaurant on Wednesday. The Lollapalooza-themed meal will feature a five-course menu with optional wine pairings with each course inspired by a different band playing at this weekend's music festival in Grant Park.
The meal, which kicks off at 7 p.m. with a cocktail reception, will spotlight songs from five bands—Manchester Orchestra, Foo Fighters, Flogging Molly, Deftones and A Perfect Circle—that chefs Chris Curren and Chris Davies dig and feel mesh with their cooking.
There are still some spots for the $50 dinner ($15 extra for wine pairings) and you can grab one by calling 312-787-1400. Music by many more bands playing Lollapalooza will flood the dining room throughout the night, so if you're into rock, this is a must hit.
So what's playing on the menu?
· First course: Manchester Orchestra's "The Only One" -- octopus with olive, merguez, salsa verde and orange
· Second course: Foo Fighters' "The Pretender" -- "Tar Tar" with tomato, mango, shallot and ciabatta
· Third course: Flogging Molly's "Drunken Lullabies" -- "Drunken Cod," whiskey-glazed cod with succotash, wheat berries and bordelaise sauce
· Fourth course: Deftones' "You've Seen the Butcher" -- rabbit with pistachio, peach and bacon
· Dessert: A Perfect Circle's "Imagine" -- "Under the Sea," orange spongecake, key lime mousse, graham cracker, chocolate and raspberry.
And if you don't get in on this dinner, you can still visit Blue 13 with its sister restaurants, Elate and Jam, out at Chow Town at Lollapalooza all weekend.
Blue 13 [Photo: Barry Brecheisen/Metromix]