This month, a number of Chicago restaurants have created specials to help support Dining for Wishes, a campaign to help raise money for the Make-a-Wish Foundation. The campaign gives diners an easy way to support kids in need and some restaurants even are allowing patrons to add a donation to their final bill.
M Burger created the special Rainbow Shake, a milkshake named by a young boy named Chance, after asking what his favorite flavor was. He said rainbow because he loves all kinds of people. The $2.99 shake, available at both M Burger locations, has an angel food-like taste with fresh strawberries and orange blossom extract.
Other offers taking place around Chicago this month include:
· Park Grill: Order a Wish Cocktail: Superfruit Fizz between June 6 and 12 and 50 percent of proceeds get donated.
· Rhapsody: Have brunch on June 12 and 100 percent of proceeds get donated. Reserve a table at 312-786-9911.
· Hamburger Mary's will let diners add a donation to their bill during the week of June 13.
· Epic: Between June 20 and 23, diners can add a donation to their final bill. Epic will also hold a hold a special fundraising event, details of which are still being finalized.
· Dave & Busters: The arcade/restaurant will donate 10 percent of food and beverage sales on June 22, which is also half-price game night.
· Rose Angelis is collecting cash donations at the bar.
M Burger's Rainbow Shake [Photo: Anthony LaPenna]