- A full look at the dining room
- The new dining room with gorgeous wood tables, beamed ceilings and leather touches
- The windows still overlook Michigan Avenue
- The wine cellar will seat 12 and hold up to 5,000 bottles
- The cheese cave!
- Meats and cheese displayed in the new cheese cave
- An intimate chef's table sits adjacent to the raw bar
- The lounge features living-room-like details
- Part of the lounge leading into the dining room
- The raw bar will feature a variety of crustaceans
- A look inside the new kitchen
- The bar added a new section with glass cases for spirits
- The dining room has a large mirror facing the open kitchen
NoMI Kitchen [Photo: Timothy Hiatt Photography]
Following a five-month renovation, NoMI makes its big debut this week and what a change it is. Eater got a sneak peek and regular patrons to the restaurant in the Park Hyatt will hardly recognize the space.
When details first started leaking that NoMI Kitchen would emerge and do away with some of the pretense it once enjoyed, it was revealed the new space would do away with white tablecloths, instead exposing beautiful wooden tables. Chef Ryan LaRoche would cook from an open kitchen with a new cobalt Molteni oven; a raw bar would appear and the wine room would acquire a cheese cave.
NoMI officially re-opens to the public on June 3 and, since it started taking reservations a few weeks ago, it likely will be a seriously hot ticket. The renovation has warmed up the room with beautiful brown leather beams flanking the ceiling, a brown/cream/white color palette, leather chairs, a large ivory tree branch-like sculpture above the tables near the floor-to-ceiling windows and so much more. LaRoche has revamped the menu, adding more locally sourced ingredients and making dishes more accessible while at the same time keeping the level of quality that earned NoMI one Michelin star.
Whether you make it in straightaway or have to wait a bit, here's a sneak peek at what you can expect when you finally make it back to NoMI, whether to eat, drink in the lounge, relax in the garden or get pampered in the spa.
· NoMI to Reopen in Park Hyatt June 3 as NoMI Kitchen with a Molteni Oven and Cheese Cave [~EChi~]
· NoMI Getting Full Makeover, Adding Open Kitchen, Marble Bar, Lots of Leather and Wood [~EChi~]