Inovasi will celebrate its cotton anniversary (that'd be second, to those of you not up on your anniversaries) with a Cotton Club-themed multi-course dinner on May 28.
Yeah, yeah, we know. It's far, all the way up there in Lake Bluff. But, if you're one of the first 10 spots reserved (in multiples of two, by calling the restaurant at 847-295-1000 ) for the 8 p.m. seating, you'll get a free ride in a stretch limo. Chef/owner John des Rosiers will stock the car with bites and bubbly to make the ride up to the restaurant a little more exciting as your cruise north on the Edens.
And when you arrive, the $125-per-person dinner will begin with a 30-minute reception at 8 p.m. before the five-course meal—with a few extras thrown in. During the dinner, guests will get treated to seafood, poultry and meat with a variety of spring vegetables. If you can't make the late seating, Inovasi will also have a 6 p.m. seating with a reception beginning at 5:30.
Inovasi's 2nd Anniversary menu:
· Amuse: Walleye pike tartare with chilled sweet pea soup
· 1st course: Wild morel mushrooms and organic purple asparagus with farm cheese and black truffle vinaigrette
· 2nd course: Hawaiian reef fish with stinging nettles, artichokes barigoule, locally harvested flowers and roasted shallot coulis
· 3rd course: Chicken confit and fluke with sassafras risotto, roasted cauliflower and wild charred ramps
· 4th course: Summer-style Wagyu short ribs served with organic grits, rhubarb reduction, fine herbs salad, Grenache vinegar drops and truffled leeks
· Amuse #2: Foie gras and sorbet
· Dessert: Sea-salted Manjari chocolate with sweet milk-honey soup and charred peanut puree