There are easier ways to say thank you, but not as many taste this good. To celebrate their one-year anniversary, Tiffany Kurtz and Chris Sewell, the husband-and-wife team behind Flirty Cupcakes, will give away 1,000 cupcakes on Wednesday via their two vans, Big Blue Sr. and Jr. The duo will pass out Flirtini cupcakes, made of lemon zest and pink champagne and filled with gin-soaked strawberries. Sound like a cocktail? It should. It's inspired by the classic French 75 Champagne cocktail.
Flirty has attained such a following that they recently hired pastry chef Kimberly Schwenke to operate a second van, which will also hit the streets tomorrow doling out sweet treats. The mobile food trucks will hit points all over the city until their supply runs out so be sure to follow their updates on Facebook and Twitter. So where are they going to be? Check out the schedule.
Flirty Cupcakes route on Wednesday, while supplies last:
· 8:30 a.m.—Location Update: 205 N. Michigan Ave (Big Blue Sr and Jr)
· 10:30 a.m.—Merchandise Mart @ Wells/Kinzie (Big Blue Sr.)
· 10:30 a.m.—Harpo Studios/West Loop @ Washington/Aberdeen (Big Blue Jr.)
· 12 p.m.—Rush Hospital @ Harrison/Paulina (Big Blue Jr.)
· 12:30 p.m.—Wacker/Adams (Big Blue Sr.)
Flirty Cupcakes [Photo: Rachelleb]