What happens when you bring four savvy food and fashion people together? Naturally they create a market to introduce all of their findings to the world. Starting June 5, Dose Market, the brainchild of Heather Sperling (Tasting Table Chicago), Emily Fiffer (Daily Candy Chicago), Jessica Herman (Time Out Chicago) and April Francis (Haute Closet), will pop-up at River East Art Center each month featuring 40-plus artisan culinary, design and fashion producers in a European-market setting. And there are some pretty amazing things coming our way.
Each market will feature a chef offering foodstuffs not normally available outside his or her restaurant. The first market will feature Old Town Social's Jared Van Camp selling his charcuterie, both whole and in sandwich form. Future markets may see the likes of Mindy Segal and Dose hopes to work with Cleetus Friedman's City Provisions. And watch for local coffee roasters Metropolis and Ipsento, as well as Great Lake, at future markets.
What else can you find at the first Dose Market:
· Seedling Farm will sell jams, strawberries, rhubarb and their smoothies generally only found at Green City Market.
· Blis bourbon-barrel-aged syrups and vinegars (only available on-plate at restaurants and at City Provisions deli currently)
· Crop to Cup and Jo Snow Syrups will share a table and join forces
· Snookelfritz will have pints, ice cream sandwiches and bon bons
· Rare Bird Preserves will team up at a table with Crumb Bakery, which will sell boules, bun pow, and taralli
· Black Dog Gelato and Bagel on Damen will show up at future markets
· more surprises ....
Dose Market kicks off Sunday June 5 and will run one Sunday each month year round. Admission is $10 at the door.