River North just got another watering hole. Well, actually more like a whole lake. Public House, from the guys behind Bull & Bear, officially opened Thursday night and from what we hear, it was packed. But there's plenty of space to hold everyone. Let's do some numbers.
· Public House is 10,000 square feet and even has a "library."
· There are 12 table tap booths, each with three taps—two for beer and one for a spirit like Patron, Jameson or Maker's Mark.
· There are 103 different beers in house
· There are 25 beers on tap, including the Public House's house brew created in partnership with Goose Island.
· A 1,000 square foot raised area can be sectioned off for private parties, giving you access to "walltenders," where you can customize the type of beer or spirits for the party.
· Chef David Blonsky's menu features 3 different mussel bowls: Belgian white, New England style or Korean BBQ.
· There are 8 different fillings for mac 'n' cheese, including pulled BBQ chicken and lobster.
· Mindy Segal created 3 desserts: chocolate stout float; cast iron bread pudding; and waffles and bananas.
· 27 plasma TVs hang on the walls
· There's 1 84-inch video wall
· 10 floor-to-ceiling windows open on to State and Kinzie streets
· 6 certified cicierones (beer sommeliers) are on staff