We love when a restaurant under construction launches a blog to let us know what's going on behind the scenes of the brown paper often covering the windows during build out. Last week, Boka Group co-founder Kevin Boehm tipped us off they created a blog for their newest project, GT Fish & Oyster, which is being helmed by chef Giuseppe Tentori. The first few posts were fun videos showing what sort of drinks and dishes they may serve. Now they offer a few facts, 10 actually, to get us more excited about the forthcoming restaurant.
Possibly what gets us most excited is they're adding a lobster roll to the menu. Clearly we're not the only ones happy about this since it's in the No. 1 spot. Another thing we're digging? It's the first Boka Group spot that will offer lunch. Lobster rolls at lunch? Done and done.
We're sure more details and information will soon come out, but for now, let's enjoy this tidy little list, in their words.
1. There will be a lobster roll on the menu. We had some great ones in Boston & NYC.
2. The bar will seat more than any other Boka Group property.
3. The space is being designed by 555, the same firm that designed Girl & The Goat.
4. There is a killer “boomerang” table in the bar area made out of the same material as a surfboard.
5. The GT space used to be Tizi Melloul, Grand Wells Tap and the Brown Dog Tavern.
6. We are hoping to open by the end of February.
7. The all brick facade on Grand will now be opened up with large windows.
8. There will be two “kings tables” in the main dining room that will seat up to 10 people.
9. We will have a patio in the summer!
10. This will be Boka’s first property that serves lunch.