Ming Tsai is getting ready to make another appearance and, surprisingly, it's not on TV. The entrepreneurial restaurateur who has two cooking shows—Ming's Quest and Simply Ming—will drop by Takashi on Nov. 2 to team up with Takashi Yagihashi for a five-course tasting menu.
The menu will run $65 and you can add wine pairings per course for another $30. The restaurant is accepting reservations now (call: 773-772-6170) and we suggest that you do. Anyone who can beat Bobby Flay on Iron Chef America will undoubtedly draw a huge crowd to the Japanese-inspired French/American restaurant on Damen.
So what will you get for $65 beside the chance to see a superstar chef (and pick up a signed copy of his new book, "Simply Ming—One Pot Meals" for $30)? The menu looks like this:
· 1st Course: Tea-smoked salmon with preserved lemon couscous
· 2nd Course: New style halibut sashimi soup
· 3rd Course: Black bean orecchiette with spicy pork
· 4th Course: Red roast duck legs with sweet potatoes and daikon
· Dessert: Sheep's milk panna cotta with yuzu gelee
· Ming Tsai Will Guest-chef at Takashi [Tribune]
Ming Tsai [Photo: Book Page]